|We rented a vehicle to go visit Grandpa for the day.|
We have been moving like crazy to get ready for our next jaunt up north. Added to all the projects that we are madly trying to finish we caught colds, which is quite annoying. By the end of the day we are exhausted and since I don't feel I have the energy to write, I peruse others adventures. Thankfully they post more than I do. Pictures will have to do for right now, showing what we've been up to. You'll hear from us again once we reach Alaska.
|Painted the jerrycans the correct color.|
The arm on the rudder needed adjusted to the correct angle so that the cylinder wouldn't get into a bind. Peter cut off the upper part of where it attached (it used to look like a U with the rod fixed in between) & his dad came with his oxy/acetalin torch to change the angle. Additional metal was welded in and that poor boot had to go! Looking online months back Peter found one like it for $100, which pushed it down on the priority list. Walking through Englunds he found a $9 boot that looked like ti would work. Turns out it was a little smaller but with plenty of room for the rod to move in, a little extra metal would just need welded on one side so it could be attached.
|Arm angle change & with additional metal.|
|Final install & paint.|
|We hauled the sails from storage & put them on.|
We split the mizzen sheet to accommodate a future dingy, changed other blocks that made us nervous. The electronics that were pulled out for the remodel are now being reinstalled. The storage unit that we wanted emptied before we left will now stay until another time to downsize. Stowing all that has been pulled out over the last months needs to find their homes again. It's all the little stuff that fills your day that you don't take pictures of.
|She has a name!|
We removed the very exhausted, no longer really functioning start batteries from the engine room. You don't realize how heavy those are until they are put in a location that you have to squeeze into to lift them out. It wore me out. They now have a new location with easy access. Peter custom built the boxes & we spent every nice weather break up painting them.
|Putting in the new start batteries.|
|Adding in the house bank.|